Established in June 2001. The school formally began operations in October 2001 with 70 students joining Playschool and Nursery. The first batch of students appeared for the ICSE board exam in 2012.
|Nursery to Grade 10||ICSE|
Academic year runs from April to March.
|Nursery to Sr. Kg||8.50 am to 12 noon|
|Grades 1 to 4||8.50 am to 3 pm|
|Grades 5 to 7 (Monday to Friday and 1st and 3rd Saturday)||7.50 am to 3 pm|
|Grades 8 to 10 (Monday to Friday)||7.50 am to 3 pm|
|Grades 8 to 10 (every Saturday )||7.50 am to 12 noon|
36 Students per class. 3-4 divsions per grade. For pre-primary section, 2 teachers and 1 helper in each class.
|Summer||May to June 1st week|
|Term break||2 weeks in March|
|Diwali||10 days in October/November|
|Paryushan (religious festival of the Gujarati community)||1 week (around September)|
|Christmas||1 week in December|
Open house is twice a year - a progressive report card is given to parents. Tests begin from Grade 1. Formal examinations begin in Grade 7.
ICSE March 2015 results
Shishuvan student ranked 3rd at all India Level. Secured 97.14%.
All notices/circulars sent in a student’s diary must be signed by the parent and sent with the student on the following day. Home work worksheets can be dowloaded online. School sends emails regarding activities done in school. SMS is sent for important announcements. There is 1 parent representative for each class.
|1||Registration Fee (once only at the time of admission)||
|2||Annual Fees for Nursery (2017-18)||
|3||Annual Fees for Jr. Kg||
|4||Annual Fees for Sr. Kg||
|7||Std 3 and 4||
|8||Std 5 to 7||
|10||Std 9 and 10||
The online admission forms for Nursery are available from Monday, 25th September, 2017 to Thursday, 2nd November, 2017 @ https://erp.shishuvan.com/online-admissions.
Scanned copies of all documents and child's photo need to be kept ready -
1. Birth Certificate
2. Vaccination Record
3. Minority Caste Certificate (if applicable)
4. Mother's Educational Certificates
5. Father's Educational Certificates
6. Address Proof
Max Size 10 MB
Parents can visit the school on Saturday, 7th and Sunday, 8th October, 2017 from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 pm to view the facilities and meet the students, parents and staff members.
The Help desk for any queries on online admission process is available at Shishuvan school on Saturday, 7th October, Sunday, 8th October, Tuesday, 31st October and Wednesday, 1st November, 2017 from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
Admission list posted in school - Friday, 22nd December, 2017 (at 4.00 pm)
Fee payment for Nursery - Thursday, 4th January and Friday, 5th January, 2018 (from 9.30 am to 12.00 noon)
The students born in the month of September, 2014 are eligible to apply to either Nursery or Jr. KG.
|Age criteria for Nursery 2018-19: Children born between 1st September 2014 and 30th September 2015.|
|Age criteria for Junior Kg 2018-19: Children born between 1st October 2013 and 30th September 2014|
Download and submit admission form online on specific dates.
Parents visit school to view facilties and campus.
Parents and child called for basic interaction.
List of selected children will be displayed on school notice board on the scheduled date/time. No separate intimation will be sent to communicate admission decision.
Payment of fees within a certain number of days as per school norms.
|2||Attested copy of applicant's birth certificate / proof of date of birth|
|3||Photocopy of parents' academic qualification|
|4||Relevant certificates regarding any medical concerns; and documents related to special learning needs (if applicable).|
There are no interviews but the admission form has a number of questions -
1.Why is Shishuvan a choice for your child ?
2. According to you, what is an ideal partnership between the school and parents, in the education of the child ?
3. How would you like to help the school as parents ?
4. You heard about Shishuvan through ?
5. Shishuvan believes that one aim of education is to be a good human being. What else do you consider to be desirable objectives for a good school ?
6. You are aware that Shishuvan's structure is non-competitive (no exams until class 7, no ranking, no comparison of students). After passing out from such a school how do you see your child meeting the challenges of today's highly competitive driven world ?
7. Some children take time to settle in the school. We would like the first experience of the school to be gentle and comfortable for him/her. If your child takes time to settle in, would you or a family member be able to spend time in the school with him/her as long as it takes(if no, please explain why, giving reasons.)
8. When applications exceed the number of seats available, what criteria should the school apply for selection that are considered just and fair by all ?
9. Describe childs general behaviour during the neonatal period (first four weeks)
10. When did your child have his/her first paediatric visit ? Name & address of the paediatrician/family doctor.
11. How frequent are the doctors visits now ?
12. Age at which milestones were achieved (head held steady, walk independently, Pulled toys along, while walking, Could feed self with or without a spoon, Recognized the names of familiar people object and body parts, Spoke 2 to 4 word sentences at month, Followed simple instructions, shape sorting, cooperated with dressing, Repeated words spoken to him / her, toilet trained, smiled at familiar faces, Shared his / her toys with others)
Badminton, Cricket, Football/ Soccer, Tennis, Table Tennis, Basketball, Athletics, Chess
Dance, Drama, Music, Art & Craft, Clay and Pottery
Students participate in inter-school competitions in areas of sports, art, elocution, music, photography.
Shishuvan school organizes a 'Project Day' for which parents are invited to view projects done by students on a perticular theme selected by school teachers. Parents can also interact with students to understand the concepts and logic behind their creations.
Pre-primary - visit to parks, florist,supermarket (parent volenteers accompany teachers and students). Primary - day trips to villages (e.g. Dhanu for cultivation), kidzania, etc. Overnight trips begin from Grade 5- Places visited include Kutch, Chennai, Delhi.
Spacious classrooms with good ventilation and light. Not air conditioned. IT Enabled.
Two playgrounds for sports and athletics. Also has a a hall for Gymnastics.
2 libraries - one for primary section and one for secondary section.
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Mathematics and Computer labs. Also has a separate science lab for the primary.
Art and Craft room, Music and Dance room, Auditorium, Lunch room, Multipurpose room, Resource rooms for pre-primary and primary, special teacher room for counselling, Canteen.
ID Card required for pick up.
From Nursery to Sr. Kg, a food chart is given to parents. Everyday one parent has to send home cooked food for the entire class as per the food chart.
From Grade 1, children carry snacks and lunch from home everyday. They can buy snacks from the canteen as well.
School provides bus service. Female attendant on duty.
First-aid available in school. Parents called immediately in case of any emergency.
Has counsellors for children with special needs.